WPC Round 6

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7254
    Para
    Participant

    Hi

    I’d like some clarification on this round.

    1) Can we make notes in the wrong colour as long as the final cell is coloured correctly? For example in the Tapa could we write Ps around a purple cell to indicate these cells are coloured either red or blue before knowing which colour it will end up being?
    2) Can the person holding the non-participating colour give hints or notes on solving that puzzle as long as they don’t write anything down? If not, how exactly will this be enforced during the solve to prevent anyone from doing this?
    3) Can there be printouts at the championship in the size of the competition puzzles beforehand so that people with colour blindness can judge which colour will work best for them?

    Colour Tapa
    Can there be a clue cell that has all three colours around it?

    Colour Akari
    Same question: Can there be a clue cell that is illuminated by all three colours?

    #7656
    onigame
    Participant

    Pentomino Areas: Can pentominoes be rotated and reflected (like they are in the example)?

    #7657
    Deyan Razsadov
    Participant

    @Para wrote:

    1) Can we make notes in the wrong colour as long as the final cell is coloured correctly?

    You can use pencils. With colors the problem might be not to confuse the testers.
    We will test how it will look and will confirm during Q&A session

    @Para wrote:

    2) Can the person holding the non-participating colour give hints or notes on solving that puzzle as long as they don’t write anything down?

    People can help each other, as soon they do not change their pens.

    @Para wrote:

    Colour Tapa
    Can there be a clue cell that has all three colours around it?

    It won’t be visible then, so the answer is no

    @Para wrote:

    Colour Akari
    Same question: Can there be a clue cell that is illuminated by all three colours?

    It should be white, but there are no such clues

    @onigame wrote:

    Pentomino Areas: Can pentominoes be rotated and reflected (like they are in the example)?

    Yes, they can.

    #7658
    Ulrich Voigt
    Participant

    I am not sure this round will work as it’s intended, if additional pencils are allowed.

    Strategy: Each player starts with a different puzzle, solving in pencil first. When he is done, he hands the paper to his teammates, just to color the appropriate cells. Is this allowed?

    #7659
    Deyan Razsadov
    Participant

    You are right, thanks for noting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.